Yes, this season I have been introduced to the lemon cucumber and I LOVE them! My neighbor has been bringing me some fresh from her garden. (Thank you Lisa!) I recently started a garden also, both vegetable and herb. SO, I can actually say that all the vegetables and seasonings minus the salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar are fresh right out of a garden. If you haven’t tried either…..you don’t know what you are missing!
Lemon Cucumber Salad with Fresh Herbs
- 5 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 3 lemon cucmbers chopped
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely diced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp finely diced basil leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- extra herbs for garnish.
- Dice lemon cucumbers and tomatoes and place in a medium bowl.Wash and dry fresh herbs, dice them finely and place in a dressing container. Add salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil and shake well. Drizzle over the lemon cucumber and tomatoes and mix well.If needed add additional herbs or salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a fresh sprig of herbs if desired.This is a fresh and easy side to any summer dish.